Basis of Unity
- The Holy Scriptures of the Old and the New Testaments (a total of 66 Books) are the Word of God. It is divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and serves as the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct (2Tim. 3:16-17).
- God is One. The One God is eternally self-existent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Deut. 6:4-5; Mt. 28:19).
- Jesus Christ is Saviour and Lord. As God, He was manifest in the flesh. We believe in His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His present mediatorial work and His future personal return in Power and Glory (Lk. 1:32-33; Jn. 1:1-4; 1Tim. 2:5-6; 6:13-16).
- The Holy Spirit is God. As the third Person in the Godhead, He indwells every believer upon conversion and enables the believer to live a holy life; to witness in power, and to work for the Lord Jesus Christ (Ac. 5:3-4; Mt. 28:19; Ac.1:8).
- Man was made in the image of God and sinless. By choice, Man fell out of favour into sin. In God’s mercy, SALVATION comes to every lost and sinful person freely and simply by faith in Jesus Christ, who shed His blood for sin and through regeneration by the Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:26-28; 3:1-21; Jn 1:11-13; 1Cor.12:13).
- All true believers in Jesus Christ are One Body, the Church, of which He is the Head (1Cor. 12:13; Eph. 2:14-22).
- Satan is a fallen angel whose intent is to supplant God and frustrate His purpose and whose ultimate end is consignment to eternal punishment (Lk. 10:17-18; Rev. 20:10).
- Bodily resurrection of all the dead will take place someday. Believers in Christ will rise unto everlasting blessedness while unbelievers will rise unto judgment and eternal punishment (Rev. 20:11-15; 2Cor. 5:9-10).